Samsung Galaxy S4 was a good success in the market but only problem was the price keeping the market of mid-range segment in mind Samsung has released Samsung S4 mini and this phone too posses great features and functions similar to Samsung S4. In this article we will discuss about the rooting and installation of Clockwork Mod Recovery onto your device.
Before the rooting the phone one must know the requirement for the rooting process and installing CWM on to your phone. You need to have a full backup of your phone before you root the phone. Charge your phone fully; install Samsung Kies on to your computer which might be needed in installation process.
- Download ClockworkMod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
- Download Odin 3 version 0.9 on to your computer.
- After the completion of both the downloads you need to switch your phone in download or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume down + power button + home button altogether for some time and you will be shown a pop up message of Downloading message.
- Connect your Samsung S4 to PC after your phone has entered in download mode for downloading flash file from computer.
- We will flash now using Odin tool, so your phone should be detected to Odin and you can make out this by seeing the message of “Added” which means Odin has detected your phone and now phone is ready to get flashed.
- Now select AP button on your Odin and select with recovery-clockwork- 184.108.40.206- serrano3gxx.tar.md5 file which was previously downloaded.
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot is selected and F.Reset Time is unchecked and rest of the option should not be tampered in Odin.
- Once this has been done now click on the Start button and start flashing of your device, wait for sometime as this process is long and you will be prompt with the message of ‘Pass’ which means successful completion and after the installation your phone will reboot automatically.
- If you have some error while doing so or you are not receiving Pass message the exit Odin and disconnect your phone and restart the process again.
- Now you can see that ClockworkMod recovery is successfully installed.
- Rooting your Samsung S4 mini:
Download GT-I9190_RootKit_v1.zip and when the download completes, connect your phone with USB and copy it to external SD of your phone and that too in root folder of external SD card.
Boot your phone in CWM recovery by turning your phone off and now press and hold Volume up + home + Power button and your phone will start in CWM recovery mode.
In CWM mode you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select the zip file from SD card which was downloaded.
Select the zip file and confirm to the next step and your rooting process will start, wait for few minutes till the installation gets completes and again you will be in recovery menu.
Now Select +++++Go back +++++ and reboot your system now.
You have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your phone and you can check the root update from Root Checker app which is available on Play store.