Google Nexus 4 is an amazing device launched by Google and the device is really superb in performance and features and all the updates of Android is first available for this Google device and then to other phones. We are here to discuss about the update of Android 4.3 JellyBean on Google Nexus 4 and the steps involved in installing the update on Google Nexus. So carefully read the steps twice before trying out below steps as this is to be done with great caution.
1) You should not use this process to install Android 4.3 JWR66V OTA update on other device as this will brick your device.
2) Follow the instruction carefully.
3) This will void warranty of your device, so make sure before proceeding.
4) This update will work on only with the device running on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 firmware version.
1) You need to download Android SDK on to your computer.
2) Charge your Nexus fully or atleast with 80% charge.
3) Enable USB debugging mode from settings of your device.
4) Backup all the important and non-important contents of your device on computer
5) Download JWR66V Android 4.3 OTA firmware on to the computer.
- The file which you have downloaded named as JWR66V Android 4.3 firmware on computer, rename it to ‘update.zip’ and now copy this file to the place where you have copied ‘adb’ folder.
- Turn on your Google Nexus 4 device and boot in to Bootloader/Fastboot mode. You can enter to this mode by pressing and holding Volume UP, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now go to Recovery mode by pressing volume up and then press Power button to boot your device in Recovery mode. (When you see an Android Robot icon the you have to press and hold the power button and then press Volume up button once which will let your device to boot in recovery mode)
- In the Recovery menu you have to select ‘apply update from adb’ option and then connect your device with PC via USB.
- On computer, lanch Command Prompt window and give the path of ‘update.zip’ and enter to the next command line for installing the firmware file adb sideload update.zip and start flashing of your device.
- Flashing of Android 4.3 JWR66V firmware will take time and after the completion of flashing process, you phone will reboot automatically.
- After the flashing process complete you will find that your device is now running on latest Android 4.3 firmware.