In today’s world Messenger applications are being used in each and every smartphones to be in constant communications with your friends, your loved ones an even work purpose etc.Many free appliucations are out there and most of the people prefer free aplications. Thus choosing which application as a messenger is very important. Out of all the messenger apps out there two are wieldy used which are whatsapp and Hangout. Whatsapp being recently bought by Facebook and Hangout is developed by Google. If you are already using any of this application I would suggest you complete reading this article as you would understand by yourself which one is better .Lets discuss about the pros and cons of both of this messenger application and help you choose the right one .
1. Whatsapp and Hangout both support group messaging.
2. Hangout support phone call while whatsapp does not.
3. Hangout provides Video-Calling while whatsapp does not.
4. You can access your hangout from anywhere on any device not on only one specific device.SO multiple device facility is provided in Hangout and not in whatsapp.
5. Hangout provides you with a option of Notification Snooze where you can disable the notifications for while if you need, which is not present in Whatsapp where you keep on getting notifications.
1. Both of the applications support platforms like smartphones working on IOS and Android operating system.
2. Whatsapp can also work on smartphone like Windows based phones. Symbian and Blackberry smartphones while Hangout does not.
3. On the other hand Hangout is supported on system like Mac OS X,Windows, Linus and evevn wen while Whatsapp does not .
Video calling is a important feature its only supported on Hangout while on Whatsapp unfortunately there is no such feature. Not just one on one video calling, Hangout also supports conference calls. Looking to talk to your all family together living in different parts of world or your friends Video calling is the best way and Hangout provide this. Not just video conference you can even call in conference with at most 10 people at a time that to free regardless to what device they are on like smartphones or tablets or pc.
You can even easily toggle between video and text while you are on an on-going video call.
These days all of you are using many applications on your single smartphone and so are the contacts diversified in all this applications. What if they get integrated in single application? Yes they can in Hangouts easily let you integrate all your messages like your inbox SMS, then IMs and whatnot into the single application.
Multi-device syncing and support:
You can communicate or use Whatsapp on only and only one device. You can’t switch device unless you deactivate your
account from one device and then again activate on other.While Google Hangouts on the other handout allows you to access your account from many devices like opne minute you on your pc the next minute you or using a tab yes you can access it from there to, this is possible without even breaking the on-going conversation because syncing conversations is seamless on Hangout unlike Whatsapp.
1. Photo uploading is possible on both Whatsapp and Hangout.
2. Video upload feature is only available on Whatsapp and not on Hangout.
3. Contact upload and send feature is only available on WHatsapp and not on Hangout.
4. Animated gifs sharing for interesting conversations is possible only on Hangout and not on Whatsapp.
5. Location sharing feature is possible on both of these applications.
Thus is seems like Hangout is better in many aspects when compared to Whatsapp. Even as Facebook has bought Whatsapp and soon they are going to chare 0.99$ in near future to continue your subscription and that can be an added con to Whatsapp. SO if you want a easy app to use with not much feature Whatsapp is your choice or else go with Hangout.