We will have a brief chat to discuss about the rooting process of your Sony Xperia Z. It is really very simple to carry out the rooting process even if you are naïve to rooting. Let’s begin with the rooting of Sony Xperia Z.
Before you begin:
You need to know the requirement for the rooting process and then shall begin with it. You need to unlock your boot loader of your phone. You will need desktop or laptop which should be installed with Sony PC Companion or compatible USB drivers. Charge your phone 100% as rooting process can resume for long. Backup your messages, call logs, contacts and other important files so that you can restore it back from computer.
- You need to download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip on to your computer.
- Extract the file in to a folder and you will see the file named “runme.bat” and also ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode and “Unknown Sources” from Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources.
- Connect your phone with computer and launch “runme.bat” and continue the process to install ‘busybox’ and ‘SuperUser’ and when the script completes the execution, now reboot your device and now you can see that your phone has gained root access.
- Now you can also check the root status by the Root Checker app from Google Play store.
- So you have done with rooting process and now you can start with Custom Recovery on your phone and for that you need to download CWM Custom Recovery and Fastboot+ADB(20926) and when this process of downloading completes then we can resume with the process of Sony Xperia Z.
Now you need to download and extract Fast-boot zip file in root drive of your computer and there you will find fast-boot and adb folder so download and extract custom recovery zip file and find boot.img.
Copy this boot.img file in the folder of Fastboot and Adb >> win32 folder and now switch off your device and boot your phone in ‘fastboot mode’ by pressing and holding volume up button and then connect your phone to computer with USB cable.
If the connection gets established then ‘LED lights up’ with blue color and once your phone gets connected then open win32 folder and now Press and hold shift key and then press right click of mouse and then click on Open Command Window.
On this window type ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ and your flashing will start and when this process completes you can reboot your device and you will find CWM recovery on your device.