It’s the tale of two smart-phone manufacturing neighbours sharing same motive and marketing strategy at this instant. Both these firms aim at giving the best to the customers at an exceptional price point thus creating a huge buzz all over the Asia and many other regions. Last year being the golden age for the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi, they are still going with the great pace on their flash sale as well as via on-line retailing services. Knowing the fame of flash sales, Indian Manufacturer firm Micromax has also put their first ever Cyanogen based YU Yureka smart-phone on a flash sale at Amazon and its getting sold out within first few seconds of the sales every time the sale begins. Thus Micromax knowing the decency of their released product is taking complete benefit of flash sales and therefore this smart-phone has led to be the great success for them. Currently we are about to scrutinize these two famed smart-phone’s completely to make your choice clear and right about going for the best one among these.
1. Design and Display: Without getting you confused, it’s pretty evident that these too power boosted smart-phone’s are low priced ones, so expecting some kind of metallic or self healing panels is out of order. Both these smart-phone’s are designed of machined plastic material in the distinct ways so the use of cases and covers is recommended for both the smart-phone’s. Xiaomi Redmi 2 flaunts a 4.7inches IPS LCD display with resolution of 720*1280pixels and pixel density of 312ppi. This display comes protected with corning gorilla glass 2. On the other hand Micromax YU Yureka features a 5.5inches IPS LCD display with resolution of 720*1280pixels and density of 267ppi and corning gorilla glass 3 protections. The numbers reflect that Micromax YU Yureka is a monstrously sized smart-phone as compared to Redmi 2 which is good for the compact hunters. The gaming and entertainment addicts will be suited with Micromax YU Yureka when talking about the display.
Micromax YU Yureka Xiaomi Redmi 2
2. Performance: Xiaomi Redmi 2 ships with Android v4.4.4 Kit Kat OS skinned with MIUI 6 operating on a Quad core Snapdragon 410 processor clocked at 1.2GHz and accompanied by 1GB RAM, the 2nd variant having 2GB RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. Honestly speaking, this clocking speed and the processing configuration are pretty good but at the same time it is the most used configuration in the mid range segment and not something radical that users won’t expect. However the 2nd variant provides a bit fresher breath with 2GB RAM enabling to use much varied and large applications; however the effect on the average processing speed must be taken into consideration. However, Micromax YU Yureka is stocked with Android v4.4.4 Kit Kat OS skinned with CyanogenMod 11S which is more than just skinning providing a fresh user experience in an ergonomic style along with regular updates. It operates on Quad core Snapdragon 615 processor clocked at 1.7GHz and coupled with 2GB RAM as well as Adreno 405 GPU. If you want to explore the brand new world of customizations, then CyanogenMod 11S based smart-phone is best even providing much better processing speed with the upgraded processor and better application compatibility as well as running ability with its 2GB RAM.
3. Camera Quality: This high priority necessity is the basic need of an ideal smart-phone which a user wants, so the developers should take intensive care while setting the camera configuration if they want their smart-phone to rock. Xiaomi Redmi 2 houses camera combination of 8MP rare camera and 2MP front shooter while as selfie as well as photography suited Micromax YU Yureka provides 13MP rare camera and 5MP front camera leaving Redmi 2 way far behind in this basic need of a user. The difference isn’t even too small to be neglected these configurations are very different in nature with the Yureka taking a big lead towards success and showing the reason it disappears within seconds of sale start.
4. Storage: Xiaomi Redmi 2 ships in two storage variants i.e. 8GB and 16GB while as Micromax YU Yureka has a single variant providing 16GB internal storage. Both the smart-phone’s are providing good storage capacity and both have the 32GB SD card compatibility option so the war flames are in equilibrium in this section. However, the bigger the better whether it’s high variant of Redmi 2 or Micromax YU Yureka. If you want to experience the best performance in low price then choosing lower variant isn’t that good because it’s choosing the basic midrange smart-phone’s which wont contribute any special treatment in your experience.
5. Battery Endurance: Talking about Redmi 2, it is comes with a 2200mAh Li-Po battery providing a fair battery backup while as YU Yureka shipping with 2500mAh Li-Ion battery provides 8h talk time which is quite good for a smart-phone of this standard even housing a monstrous display. But the battery is good in both the cases because the compact size of Redmi 2 display will definitely be working out in battery saving of this smart-phone.
Our vision concludes at the fact that if you want something more radical, adventurous and value for your money, Micromax YU Yureka is the best choice here. However if you want a compact sized, mid range specified smart-phone then the doors are open to go for Redmi 2. But people often choose to go for brands like Xiaomi and Micromax when they want something more than they are paying, if you are here with that intention, then Yu Yureka is the best possible choice as being better in display, processing as well as camera quality as compared to Redmi 2.