This is a epic battle of Smartphone’s between two classic rivals Samsung and Nokia who has always tried to dominate over one another with their technologies and quality. After a long year of cold war between the official of Nokia in their own set of protocols related to the company management, they have get back on their feet again. No matter Samsung has travelled too forward in technology as compared to Nokia but still Nokia is carrying on same genes of perfection to their upcoming generation of Smartphone’s. Here today we will see who has got the best stuff embedded deep inside both performance wise as well as the main architecture.
1. Built in Design and Display: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom as well as Lumia 1020 is latest high end Smartphone which were both unveiled in July 2013. This Smartphone is packed with the dimensions of 125.5*63.5*15.4mm. It flaunts a 4.3inch super AMOLED display with resolution of 540*960pixels and moderate pixel density of 256ppi. This good quality display is sheltered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for the best protection. On the other hand, Nokia Lumia 1020 is available in dimensions of 130.4*71.4*10.4mm weighing about 158 grams. This Smartphone houses a 4.5inch AMOLED display with screen resolution of 768*1280pixels and pixel density of 332ppi. Here we can see the impact of Nokia display has totally dominated over this Samsung Smartphone clearly leaving an impact on your mind that Nokia has still got that instinct to be the best. The Lumia 1020 display quality is highly exceptional as compared to Galaxy S4 Zoom.
2. Performance: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom runs on comes installed with Android v4.2.2 Jelly bean OS which is upgradable to latest version of Android which is v4.4.2 Kit Kat. Lumia 1020 runs on Windows Phone 8 OS which is also upgraded to latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS. Here as a operating system switch between these two Smartphone’s as they run on totally different platforms. Windows lovers can get the windows running Smartphone while as for people addicted to Android, they can have it. However the OS competition is stiff and Android is still better and more stable than windows OS but only in certain cases, it’s just the matter of time that they will be competing on equal standards because windows is also making every application running possible on their OS. So, choosing OS depends upon your taste however professionals believe in Windows. Talking about processor, Samsung Galaxy S4 operates on a Pega dual cortex A9 dual core processor clocked at 1.5GHz speed. Lumia 1020 operates on a dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor also clocked a 1.5GHz of speed and perfectly coupled with 2GB RAM. Here the processor battle almost ends up at tie with same number of cores as well as speed. But Samsung S4 Zoom is coupled with 1.5GB RAM and Lumia 1020 with complete 2GB. Here the 0.5GB RAM is extra in case of Lumia 1020 but the overall performance will be best for both devices because negligible amount of effect will be seen because of extra amount of RAM.
3. Camera: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom sports a 16MP camera with picture resolution of 4608*3456pixels featuring auto focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilisation and Xenon Flash. A 1.9Mp secondary shooter is also present for video calling features and the rest. Lumia 1020 completely shatters this average camera of Samsung S4 Zoom with its crisp and clear Carl Zeiss optics 41MP camera having picture resolution of 7152*5368pixels featuring optical image stabilisation, auto/ manual focus, Xenon as well as LED Flash, Pure view technology, dual capture, etc. For video chatting feature a 1.2MP shooter is present at the front. This criterion perfectly judges the best contender among these present before you.
4. Network and Connectivity: Not much diversity is seen present between these two Smartphone’s in this aspect. Both are 4G enabled Smartphone with connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and GPS. However Samsung Galaxy S4 has got better Bluetooth v4.0 as compared to Lumia 1020 possessing v3.0 but it doesn’t make any great effect on their speeds.
5. Storage: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom is available with 8GB internal storage from which only 5GB is accessible to user. Lumia 1020 possesses a huge 32GB internal storage in general which is highly incredible. However Samsung S4 Zoom storage is expandable up to 64GB via SD card but it won’t neglect the fact that this Smartphone is having ordinary amount of storage on its own. Lumia 1020 doesn’t even need an SD card with such massive amount of storage.
6. Backup: Samsung Galaxy S4 packs a 2330mAh Li-ion battery giving talk time of up to 13 hours. While as Lumia 1020 packs a 200mAh Li-ion battery giving 19h of talk time clearly enlighten that Windows is less power consuming OS than Android. Since ages, Android is facing issues with battery, so Windows is better in this regard.
All the above specifications clearly give the indication the Nokia Lumia 1020 is better in case of camera, display, battery and storage. This is one of the best Windows phone ever and highly advanced as compared to Galaxy S4 Zoom whose features just count to be average as compared to this Nokia beast.