Google gave us a good deal of glimpse into virtual world by Google cardboard but it was Samsung and Oculus which came out with a fully fledged Virtual reality sets for Smartphone use. Now Google has placed its handful of aces on deck and released two new Smartphones namely Pixel and Pixel XL, both ready for
The credibility of an ideal Smartphone based VR system depends upon how comfortable the VR set is. Samsung released three generations of VR sets with each one refining the ease of use and now Google by introducing a bit more technology in the framework has made it even better. Daydream View uses wireless
- NFC connection to start Daydream Home which makes its initial configuration less hectic unlike Gear VR and makes it support a huge range of premium Smartphones.
- Gear VR now has a dedicated space for the people with glass while as Daydream View has also introduced this modification besides making the VR smaller and lighter. However Gear VR completely seals off your face when you wear it but Google has managed to make a wider padding on its sides and fits your face without sealing off.
- The one big turnoff that Daydream View possesses is that the light sources present on the rear sides of the VR are not sealed which makes VR experience less immersive unlike Samsung Gear VR in which Samsung has burned their midnight oils to introduce matte plastics making experience very immersive without any visibility of a light source.
- Another thing to be taken into consideration is that Daydream View makes use of single elasticated strap to fit your head while as Gear VR houses hardened plastics as well as a strap, thus being said that Daydream View is much more comfortable to use as compared to Gear VR.
- Gear VR being assigned with different plastic mechanisms is heavier than Daydream view. Thus the main fact is that both the VR sets have a single weakness at a stake that being uncomfortable nature of Gear VR and light leakage problem of Daydream view. Thus its up to you to choose between the ease of use and immersive nature of performance.
- You should also know that Daydream view saves your $20 which makes it $99 vs $79 battle. But the need of game-pad for Gear VR to run many apps and games in Oculus Home makes it around $150 for Gear VR unlike Daydream View which is ready to complete with Gear VR having a universal type compatibility and not only for their own devices. This gives Daydream View another advantage over a bit isolated type Gear VR.