Asus recently surprised the crowd at CES 2015 by unveiling their monstrous configuration Smartphone, ZenFone 2 which will be available to users in the 2nd Quarter of 2015. Likewise Samsung recently showed off their first ever metal framed Samsung Galaxy Alpha and was released in August 2014. Both these Smartphone’s are LTE compatible showing same connectivity modes. These Smartphone’s will be facing a head on battle here in all aspects even though their price point varies greatly because Asus has shown some great stuff since past few years at an affordable price. So, let’s go for this evaluation and choose the better one.
Asus ZenFone 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Alpha
1. Build Quality and Display: Asus ZenFone 2 although being a low priced Smartphone features brushed Aluminium back panel looks quite promising, housing a 5.5inches IPS display with pixel resolution of 1080*1920pixels and density of 403ppi and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Samsung Galaxy Alpha is the first ever Smartphone from Samsung with metal frame flaunting a 4.7inch super AMOLED display with resolution of 720*1280pixels and pixel density of 312ppi sheltered Corning Gorilla Glass 4 that’s the latest one rarely seen yet. Looking at the figures as well as design, Galaxy Alpha is a compact sized Smartphone while as Zenfone 2 being Phablet styled. Still ZenFone 2 manages to produce better resolution as compared to Galaxy Alpha but it could still make its way into your pockets if looking for compactness instead of size and quality.
2. Performance: Being shipped with Android v5.0 Lollipop OS, ZenFone 2 operates on Quad core Intel Atom Z3580 processor clocked at 2.3GHz in case of higher variant coupled with 4GB RAM while as the lower variant speed rests on 1.8GHz coupled by 2GB RAM. Power VR GPU is present in both cases for extra smooth visual experience. Samsung Galaxy Alpha is stocked with Android v4.4.4 Kit Kat upgradable to v5.0 Lollipop operating on Quad core Exynos processor clocked at 1.8GHz coupled with 2GB RAM and Mali-T628 GPU. Observations reveal that although the OS’s will be same at the end of the day but the processing speed as well as RAM is better in case of ZenFone 2 higher variant which is the main competition target. This will allow ZenFone 2 to perform much fast and give a detailed performance and compatibility.
3. Camera: Asus ZenFone 2 is equipped with a 13Mp rare camera alongside with dual LED Flash unlike Galaxy Alpha housing a 12MP rare camera and single LED flash. ZenFone 2 is also leading in front shooting with 5.0MP front shooter while as in case of Galaxy Alpha, it is 2.1MP. This section also gives an easy lead to Asus ZenFone 2 with a bit better rare and much improved front shooter.
4. Storage: The storage capacity of Asus ZenFone 2 varies according to its different variants flaunting 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB variant and SD card compatibility up to 64 GB. Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with 32GB internal storage with no SD card compatibility. Although 32GB is enough for a Smartphone thus pretty cool to have but Asus has got different variants for your along with SD card compatibility thus showing a lead in this sector also.
5. Battery Backup: Asus ZenFone 2 is packed with a non removable 3000mAh battery while in case of Galaxy Alpha it has got 1860mAh battery providing 11h on 3G while as Asus ZenFone 2 is expected to produce an awesome battery backup. However the accurate battery backup of ZenFone 2 is to be confirmed yet.
Taking a look at all the figures above, Asus ZenFone 2 is clearly taking a lead in display quality, performance and storage as compared to Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Besides the fact that this Smartphone costs few more bundles of cash as compared to Asus ZenFone 2. Our choice is clearly Asus ZenFone 2 however you can go for Galaxy Alpha for show off and compactness.