Asus is counted among the world’s best vendor for manufacturing PC’s, notebook, laptops, Smartphone, etc. Asus has been releasing a bunch of mid ranged Smartphone’s with a good quality configuration at an astonishingly affordable price. The former variants from Asus have proved successful all over the world because they are just replicating Smartphone’s with a price point that is accessible to majority. Recently Asus has unveiled the launch of their highly anticipated ZenFone 2 believed to be the first Smartphone configured with 64 bit processor alongside with 4GB RAM. This Smartphone is expectedly being made available in the 2nd Quarter of 2015 however the exact date is unknown yet.
1. Build Quality: Although being a mid range Smartphone, ZenFone 2 is seen with some promising build design. It’s beautifully carved Aluminium back is worth admiring, the sleeker design of this Smartphone makes it comfortable in the hands. Despite 5.5 inch display is big but due to a well machined design it doesn’t create any problem in handling. At the front base, three capacitive buttons are present and the power while as power button rests on top mid of the Smartphone which feels a bit outclass but not a thing to worry about. Thus overall engineering of this Smartphone is totally mind-blowing and enthusiastic.
2. Display: Asus ZenFone will be flaunting a 5.5 inches capacitive display with resolution of 1080*1920 pixels and pixel density of 403 ppi. This full HD display with pixel density of this standard is obviously a wonderful visual experience. The high visual quality will be further polished and refined by the corning Gorilla Glass 3 making the display of ZenFone 2 a real beauty to watch its colours and touch its smoothness.
3. Performance: Being introduced with the first time ever 64 bit Quad core Intel Atom chipset clocked at 2.3GHz coupled with 4 GB RAM is definitely going to be making wonders claimed to be stocked with Android v 5.0 Lollipop OS skinned with Zen UI. This Smartphone is obviously going to give a super fast lag free performance along with efficient multi tasking. The usability of multiple applications will no more be the burden for your Smartphone if you go for ZenFone 2 because of its whooping 4GB RAM. The gaming experience is going to be more fun with its PowerVR G6430 GPU also going to be a great support in overall performance of this Smartphone. This configuration is going to make a stiffer competition with the most leading Smartphone brands out there. However the lower variant of this Smartphone will be configured with same chipset clocked at 1.8 GHz and accompanied by 2GB RAM.
4. Camera: ZenFone 2 will be seen with a 13 Mp rear camera capturing photos with resolution of 4128*3096 pixels along with dual LED flash and 1080p video recording capability. Keeping in view the selfie wave and day to day increase in video calling a 5 MP front shooter has been equipped at the front. Thus, making its way among the most influential Smartphone’s seen flaunting the same camera configuration.
5. Storage: This Smartphone will debut in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage variants and 2GB and 4GB RAM variants respectively. The different storage capabilities will be set accordingly at the seeking price point. However if the budget is a bit descended, a low storage variant will not make you worry with the SD card compatibility of ZenFone 2 up to 64GB. Whether it is 2GB variant or 4GB variant the storage capacity options are made perfectly.
6. Network & Connectivity: Just like all other premium Smartphone’s in market ZenFone 2 will be compatible with GSM, HSDPA and LTE networks. The connectivity options will be Bluetooth, WI-Fi, GPS, NFC and USB. Thus overall this Smartphone is sitting head to head with the best Smartphone’s in market and there is no reason seen for not going for this option and save bundles whether it comes to performance or networking.
7. Battery Backup: The 3000 mAh non removable Li-Po battery is expectedly going to provide a long lasting backup because a battery of this standard is usually seen doing great job in premium Smartphone’s. However, battery being non- removable, you would have to trust Asus technology for the fact that battery will not diminish its longevity with time.
The 4GB RAM variant of ZenFone 2 will be labelled with price point of around Rs 13000 which honestly feels too low for such a highly configured beast. In other words this Smartphone will be a value for your money as Asus is well known for this quality. Likewise the 2GB variant of this Smartphone is rightly priced around Rs 8000, thus Asus pressurizing the Smartphone market with its two beasts in both mid range as well as premium section.