Micromax Canvas 4 has come up like a super phone and this was the most awaiting phone this year. Phone was launched with Android 4.2.2 JellyBean and proved to be a great success. There is an Android 4.3 JellyBean update available for Canvas 4 phone.
You need to carry out below stated process with care as this process can turn out to be risk . One needs to root their phone before this process takes place and also unlock the bootloader if it is in contract with any carrier but Micromax is not tied up with any carrier so their is no need to unlock the bootloader. Charge your phone fully or more than 85% as this process is long and requires more battery backup. From the settings of your phone, go to Development option and enable USB debugging mode on your phone. Create a full backup of your phone data as all the data will be erased from your phone.
- First thing you need to do is install the ROM manager on your phone, which is available from Google Play and also install CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery) on to your phone. Download Micromax Canvas 4_4.3 Jelly Bean.zip on your computer.
- Once the installation of CWM is completed then connect your phone to computer with the help of USB cable and copy the downloaded zip file on to the memory card or external SD card of your computer.
- Disconnect your phone from computer and switch it off and then start your phone in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power button and select for Backup/ restore to backup option and wait till the backup of the current ROM is completed and then go to other option from Menu of Recovery mode to erase all the data in phone with current running ROM. To do this you have to select wipe data/factory reset and erase all the data from your phone.
- Once the data is erased including Dalvik Cache now from the Recovery Menu select an option of Flash ROM from SD card and now install the downloaded zip files from SD card to your phone and wait for the installation process.
- Once the installation is successfully completed you can see the changes in your device by navigating to Settings of your phone and there find About phone option and there you can see the latest version of OS running, which means your phone is now running with Android 4.3 JellyBean.