OnePlus is the brand new Chinese Smartphone manufacturing firm founded in Dec 17 2013. They have released their first flagship Killer Smartphone labelled OnePlus One in April 2014 with stunning features and impressive price tagging. So, here today we are about to do a close encounter between this OnePlus One and the record breaker loved one of India market Xiaomi Mi 3 which Is also a Chinese technology product. Both these Smartphone’s have dedicated a ground breaking entry to their manufacturers. Let’s dissect both these flagships and investigate which one is the best among these. This dissection will be very thorough and provided with trust worthy results from PhoneLance Inc. so that you can get the best one.
1. Display Distinction: The latest contender OnePlus One flaunts a full HD 5.5inches LTPS LCD display with resolution of 1080*1920pixels and impressive pixel density of 401ppi. This brilliant display is sheltered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and supports multi touch up to 10 fingers. On the other end Xiaomi Mi 3 houses a 5.0inches full HD LCD display with resolution of 1080*1920pixels and pixel density of 441ppi coated by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This can be clearly seen that both displays are high quality in same proportion. The little low pixel density of OnePlus One is due to 0.5inch bigger display than Mi 3 other wise display quality is totally same. Here we can say that it is your choice that whether you want a high quality bigger display or a high quality medium sized display.
2. Performance: OnePlus one comes pre-installed with Android v4.4.2 Kit Kat where as Mi3 can also be upgraded from Android v4.3 Jellybean to latest v4.4.2 Kit Kat. OnePlus one operates on a Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5GHz alongside coupled with 3GB RAM. Xiaomi MI3 on the other hand operated on a Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at speed of 2.3GHz speed and coupled with 2GB RAM. However both the Smartphone’s are provided with Adreno 330 GPU for enhanced graphics support. The performance distinction clearly indicates that OnePlus One has got here processing capabilities as well as multi-tasking efficiency than Xiaomi Mi3 which is also a good Smartphone in comparison with a wide range of other Smartphone’s. In this essential class of dissection, One has taken lead.
3. Superior Moment Capturing: OnePlus One is provided with a 13MP auto focus primary camera along with dual LED flash capturing pictures with resolution of 4128*3096pixels. The additional features present are geo-tagging, touch focus, and face detection, panorama and HDR. It can capture videos of 2160p@30fps, 2160(DCI) @24p, 1080p@60fps and 720p@120fps. A 5MP front shooter is present for enjoying clear video calling and selfies and this shooter can also capture videos of 1080p@30fps. Taking a look at Xiaomi Mi3, it also houses a 13MP camera with same picture capturing quality as well as other features. It can capture videos of 1080p@30fps only. In this case a 2MP front shooter is present for video chatting and video capturing with quality of 1080p@30fps. Here the fight is a tie when it comes to the main camera but OnePlus with 5MP front shooter wins the fight with better front camera and better diversity in capturing videos.
4. Data Holding Capacity: OnePlus One as well as Xiaomi Mi 3 is available in two storage variants which include 16GB and 64GB. Xiaomi. Giving a good amount of storage to owners, both of these Smartphone are made devoid of SD card slot which hardly matters when you get a good storage capacity like this. In this aspect comes out to be same for both the Smartphone’s.
5. Network and connectivity: OnePlus One Smartphone is compatible with 2G, 3G and 4G LTE networks with frequencies as follows:
2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 /1900
3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
4G: LTE 700/ 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2300 / 2600
Xiaomi Mi3 supports 2G and 3G networks and is devoid of 4G compatibility. The range of frequencies for 2G and 3G are provided below:
2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
OnePlus One is the recommended choice in this case also because of its 4G compatibility as well as better 3G frequency support.
The rest of the connectivity features are almost identical to these Smartphone’s and also with the rest of high end Smartphone’s which include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and GPS. However Bluetooth makes a difference here as OnePlus has got Bluetooth v4.1 which is rarely found and the newly upgraded version however Xiaomi Mi3 possesses v4.0 which is found in majority of Smartphone’s at present. So expectedly Bluetooth speed of one will be better than Xiaomi Mi3.
6. Endurance period: OnePlus one houses a non removable Li-Po 3100mAh battery while as Xiaomi Mi3 is packed with 3050mAh Li-ion battery providing talk time of 25 hours. However the estimated battery backup of one is unknown yet but expected to be the best like its other features while the 3100mAh looks good at giving longer battery backup.
After dissecting both the Smartphone’s, we came to the conclusion that OnePlus One is indeed a much better especially faster Smartphone as compared to Xiaomi Mi3. One is our recommended winner but we can’t neglect the fact that Xiaomi Mi3 has also shown up high class features in its class and has defeated wide range of famed Smartphone’s so far. The fact behind the win of OnePlus win is that they have integrated implemented and introduced the stuff in their Smartphone beyond certain standards and enough to compete with Galaxy s5 and rest of the famed Smartphone’s.