Google has launched the developer preview of Android 5.0 for only Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. The developer preview of Android 5.0 for other smart phones will be launched in November. The developer preview has been liked by many Nexus users and is eagerly waiting for the launch of Android’s latest version.
If you want to install the Android 5.0 Lollipop developers preview on Nexus 5 then make sure that you have created the backup of your data and make sure that internal memory should be completely free and the boot loader should also be unlocked. To unlock the boot loader of Nexus 5, you can visit mobile repairing shops or authorised service centers.
A simple step by step guide to install developer preview on Nexus 5
Steps to install Android 5.0 Lollipop developers preview on Nexus 5
- Download Fastboot/ADB files for Windows, Mac and USB drivers for windows. You should also download Android 5.0 developer preview file. All these files can easily be downloaded from the internet. Place all these files in one folder and save it to the desktop.
- Now open command prompt in windows and navigate to the folder in which all files are saved. You can use “CD” command to navigate to the selected folder.
- Switch off your device and start it in boot loader mode. To start Google Nexus 5 in boot loader mode use the combination of the following keys:
- Volume up + Volume down + power.
- Before starting the installation of developer preview, make sure that your device is being detected by the PC. Type the following command in Command prompt to confirm that your device is detected by PC or not:
See Also – LG Google Nexus 5 Dead, won’t turn on, not working, black screen
If you have unlocked the boot loader of your device then skip this step, otherwise type the following command in Command prompt to unlock the boot loader:
Fastboot oem unlock.
Type the following command in the same manner in command prompt to finish the installation process:
This will automatically install the full factory image of Android 5.0 on your Android device. Now, reboot your device to complete the installation process of developer preview.
This is the simplest way to install the factory images of Android 5.0 Lollipop on Google Nexus 5. Google Nexus 7 users can also use the same procedure to install developer preview on their device. However, to make device Google Nexus 7 enter in boot loader they have to use the combination of Volume down + power key.
See Also – Wifi problems with nexus 5 and how to fix them