Kodi is a media player software that has been around since 2002. Everyone wants fast and easy streaming on their device and Kodi lets you do just that. It allows users to play audio, video content like podcasts from the Internet and digital media files from local storage media. While Kodia��s interface has been designed keeping in mind the a�?home theatrea��, so it works best on a large screen. But that doesna��t mean it is completely useless on mobile devices. In this article wea��ll give a simple and easy tutorial on how to install and configure Kodi on your Android device and use it without any glitches.
To begin with you need to have Kodi installed on your device. Go to http://kodi.tv/download/ and select the android version. Note that youa��ll have to select ARM or x86 based on your hardware (Intel core works on x86). The link will lead you to Google Play from where you can install Kodi on your device.
Adding Videos to Kodi:
After you have successfully installed Kodi on you device you can start adding videos and music to it.
- Follow these steps to add videos to your Kodi
- Press a�?Videosa�� on your Home Screen. Next click on a�?Filesa�� and then select a�?Add Videosa��.
- Once youa��ve selected a�?Add Videosa�� a new window a�?Add Video Sourcea�� will open. Here youa��ll insert the link to the video/movie you want to add to your playlist. In the same window click on a�?Browsea�� to select a directory to keep your videos in. Before you press a�?Oka�� enter a name for this video.
- Next a a�?Set Contenta�� window will pop up. Here you select the correct data type for the content you saved in the folder i.e. music, movie etc. Once youa��re sure about your choice press a�?Oka�� to save changes.
Adding Music Files to Kodi:
- Kodi allows you to search and manage your music efficiently, which is why all music stored in Kodi is scanned first and all the required information (Artist, Album, Genre) is stored in a database. In order to scan your music so that it is playable on Kodi follow these steps:
- Go to the location of your music collection and select an item. It can be a music file or even a folder.
- Once youa��ve selected an item press a�?Scan Item to Librarya��. Kodi will then scan the selected items into the database.
- By going to a�?Settingsa�� and then the a�?Librarya�� option in a�?Musica��, you can check a�?Update Library on Startupa�� which will automatically scan your music.
- Do remember that it is very important for your music to be tagged. There are several softwares that let you add tags to your music files.
Watching Live TV with Kodi:
Perhaps the most interesting feature of Kodi is that it allows you to watch Live Television on your device.
Follow these steps and youa��re good to go:
- On the a�?Home Screena�� select a�?Systema�� and then select a�?File Managera��.
- Once the a�?File Managera�� window opens click on Add Source > Add Files source. Here add this URL: http://srp.nu/ and rename it to SuperRepo before you click a�?Oka��.
- Once youa��ve done this and youa��re back at the a�?Home Screena��, click on System. The a�?Settingsa�� window will open, here click on Add-ons > Install from zip file > SuperRepo > helix > video.
- Once youa��re in video click on the last link in the folder. Wait till a notification informs you that this add-on is enabled.
- Once the add-on is enabled click on Systems > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > SuperRepo Video[helix] > Video Add-ons > Playlist Loader. Select Playlist Loader and install it. Once it is installed youa��ll get a notification that it is enabled.
- Once this is done go to Videos > Add-ons and find Playlist Loader and click on it.
- Here you can add a new list or your favourites. Click on a�?Add a new lista�� and add this URL: http://bit.ly/husham2015
- Once youa��ve added this link youa��ll see various channels and you can explore them to see which ones you like and them to your favourites for viewing later.
So this is pretty much how Kodi works. We hope this tutorial proves helpful!