The Cyanogenmod is customized ROM package with many other features available in the HTC One series which helps you to reveal some interesting features. Some common features available with it is a new launcher in the Google home, a new app on the phone dialer, quick office app and also screen recording facility. With the launch of Android 4.4 Kitkat Google has pushed the rolling out of its new version for Android phones, HTC One Google Edition has been already updated to 4.4 kitkat. With the update, people might face some problems with installing the Cyanogenmod 11 Android 4.4. Let us have a look on how to install the Cyanogenmod 11 Android 4.4.
Pre Installing Requirements:
The most important aspect that has to be kept in mind before going for the installation process is to take the backup of your data. It should be the first step to ensure all your data including contacts, messages and call logs are backed up. It is always advisable and recommended that the boot loader of the phone be unlocked. Once you have followed the process you can start the installation process. It would an added advantage if you have customized recovery software in your phone in case of any problem.
Installation of Cyanogenmod:
- The first step to install is to download the Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM and also the fastboot files which are the requirements for the kernel image.
- The downloaded ROM package should then be extracted.
- The fastboot files download will also generate a zip file consisting of 4 files.
- The next step is very crucial and should be done with much care. The extracted ROM package will have a file named boot.img; this is a kernel file for your device. Once you have found out the boot.img it should be copied and pasted into the fastboot files along with the already existing 4 files. So, upon the completion of this step, the total number of files in the fastboot files will be 5.
- The next step is the initiation of the real process as you have to take the device under fastboot mode. The fastboot mode on your HTC One can be navigated by simply pressing the volume down button along with the power button. This is the first process you have to do in your HTC One and the previous process of downloading the files will be processed on your PC.
- The above process will lead you to the boot loader mode where the fastboot mode can be chosen by using the power button.
- Once you have reached the fastboot mode, you can always connect your HTC device with your PC for the next procedure. After the connection has been set up all you have to do is to flash the kernel file from command prompt. This can be done by the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”. But ensure that the command prompt directory is pointing towards the fastboot folder.
- Upon the completion of flashing the kernel, system should be restarted and then phone should be disconnected from the system. This process is to simply copy the image for Cyanogenmod 11 on your HTC One device for the installation process.
- The cache and the data from the phone memory should always be wiped out before the final stage of the installation.
- Ensure you are in recovery mode just to avoid unnecessary troubles and select the ROM files which have been copied from the system to your HTC One by power button. This will start the process of installation and will ask for rebooting of your device after the completion.
- Once you have rebooted the system, your device will have the extraordinary feature of Cynagenmod 11 on your Android 4.4 HTC One.
Download latest Recovery
Rename Recovery to recovery.img
Put recovery.img on SD CARD
Download Flashify from playstore