What’s better than getting your device updated? With updated device comes new features better hardware performance, newer and more advance application and lots more. Most important stuff that a customer or a user has to understand is there are two types of updates one that is official and another that’s using custom roms. Now this means is one method is official and another is not so official or we can say it’s for advance users who knows “how to crack a safe” if you understand the phrase i.e. complete accessing device using developer options. Now people would be wondering whether the 2nd method is safe, I would add to it that the methods are normally tested but you can turn your phone to useless in other words brick it.
Android has launched its new version and has named it Lollipop earlier known as Android L. Lollipop has many new features to provide that’s not seen on any Android device. Lollipop has new notification panel, better battery backup, new lock screen, new 2D multitasking window, performance and latest Android TV so now we know what’s in it then what’s the reason to wait right. Below are the steps, which will lead you to update your device.
How to Install Android Lollipop Developer Version on Zenphone 6: Easy To Do
Steps of caution to be checked and performed before starting:
- You need to have complete backup of your device(if you don’t know how to do that please search on our website)
- Make sure your device is charged upto 90%
- You also need to ensure whether USB debugging mode is enable.
- Most important is you need to root your device for that you can visit unlockroot.com and follow the steps its quite simple.
See Also – Asus ZenFone 6 PC Suite Download
STEPS TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM:
- First make sure all the above step are fulfilled once done with that follow the below steps to install custom rom in your device.
- Go to www.rom-lollipop.org/mp3-0/asus-zenfone-6-5953.html and download a 3 part custom rom and save it on your PC.
- Once done with the download zip it together either by using WinRAR or 7-zip or any other data zipping tool. If you encounter any problems while using its because ROM’s are not downloaded properly so make sure you download them without any interference. If not this process can damage your device.
- Once done with that go to Google play and install ROM MANAGER. Rom manager is a fantastic tool for adding custom roms and for any other developer options. For full access of this application, you need to ROOT your device.
- Now copy this zip file on to your device and name it as ROM.zip using USB cable.
- Now you need to restart your device in RECOVERY MODE.
- To go to recovery mode press down volume button and power button together for few seconds and it will take you to developer screen. Now use volume button for up and down selection and power button to conform the selection.
- Once you are in recovery mode go to ROM manager, select backup, and restore to back up your information (in case you need it).
- Now when you are in recovery mode follow some steps to install the Custom ROM you have add.for that first you need to erase all the data from recovery menu (including Delvik Cache).
- When done go back, select Recovery Principal Menu, and choose Flash Rom from SD card option now we need to give path to the new custom ROM (the one we copied earlier)”ROM.zip” file and now follow the steps and let it install ANDROID lollipop.
- As soon as coping is done just reboot/restart, it and you have updated your Zenfone 6.
In this way your KitKat version Zenfone will be updated to Android Lollipop. if you think this process is to risky don’t worry guys company will release updates in Jan 2015(not confirmed). For all the other devices there are different Custom ROMs but the method remains same stay tune for more updates on Lollipop.
See Also – Asus mobile PC Suite software download for all devices