Android updates are pretty tedious to get, especially since they are available over the air (OTA) and especially when there are custom overlays on top of the original Android UI. Unlike Windows Phone and iOS, Android updates are hugely dependant on the region and network carriers, etc. there are like n number of various factors and so by the time you actually get an update for your device it either gets outdated or else a newer update is about to be launched. So we thought, why wait for all this and just update your phone manually all by yourself? So in interest of all the Android users to get their updates in time, we are providing the steps for installing the Android 4.3 Jelly-Bean update which is the latest for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Download Galaxy S4 pc suite drivers
Please note that installing certain updates to your phone, flashing ROMs and fiddling with your official softwares could have some intermittent risks. So please make sure that you know what you are doing here. So make sure you follow all the steps properly and it will all be fine. But still just a disclaimer that there are risks involved in this and any damage caused to the device or any firmware or software while you tinkering with it is none of my responsibility. Now with this we shall start.
1. First step always to any software solution is to acquire the software in the first place. So you will need to download the software and you can do that from the link provided here. Download the firmware here: Android 4.3 official firmware Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4.
2. After downloading the file, you will get a Zip file. On unzipping the file, you will get two files in it with the extension “.md5” and a file with the extension .tar
3. After that download software called Odin 3.09, and open and unpack the .zip also.
4. Launch Odin.
5. Then reboot your Galaxy S4 in download mode. You can do this by long pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home button all at the same time.
6. Connect your Galaxy S4 via USB cable to your computer and wait for Odin to recognize it. A blue box should then appear (in the program).
7. Add: I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md 5 to AP
8. Before going ahead and pressing Start, do make sure that the re-partition box is not checked.
9. Click Start and wait a few minutes until the procedure ends. Do not disconnect your S4, be patient. The screen might go blank in this process, nothing to panic there as well, it is perfectly normal.
10. After the process finishes, then your Galaxy S4 restarts and then you know that it’s over!
Please note some important things here. This is the officially released version of the Galaxy S4 4.3 JellyBean in Germany. So it is risk free and will eventually come over in your country as well soon depending on the schedule Samsung has made. To check that, you can go into Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update. But also remember an important thing that this is the firmware only for the I9505 model and not the I9500. So do not please try this on an I9500 model. So please do check out which model your S4 is else you might end up screwing up the phone.
Something to cheer you up here and also to let you know all the cool things that will be added to your phone with this update.
– OpenGL 3.0 Support
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc.)
So many goodies to look forward to for an awesome powerhouse of a phone, the Android 4.3 update is sure going to make your S4 look way more awesome that it looks now. So get the update and enjoy your smartphone at now a better, newer level.