LG G2 is categorized among the most premium Smartphonea��s of world and the best epic model from LG. This Smartphone descended on Earth in August 2013 and received a warm welcome all over world because of its highly radical configuration and build quality. LG G2 houses a 5.2inches full HD display with resolution of 1080*1920 pixels and pixel density of 424ppi. This display configuration is the best among the top class models hovering around. It comprises of 13MP rear camera and 2.1Mp front shooter being the best combo of 2013 as selfie hadna��t erupted to large scale yet. This Smartphone operates on Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor clocked at 2.26GHz accompanied by 2GB RAM. The best of 2013, Android v4.2.2 is pre installed on this Smartphone upgradable to v4.4.2 Kit Kat OS. It is available in 16 GB and 32GB storage variants being devoid of SD card compatibility. The battery backup of this Smartphone is great with its Li-Po 300mAh battery providing 16h 30m on 3G. Thus overall this Smartphone is one of the best premium models out there.
How to get back your home or menu button
After the release of Android v4.4.2 Kit Kat Os on LG G2, unfortunately some of the users have claimed few glitches in the performance and the home button not working, being the major one. For recovering your LG G2 back to normal, we have provided few workarounds which you should definitely try on your Smartphone and hopefully your LG G2 will be back to normal
1. Restart your Smartphone: This is the basic and most obvious step you should perform after installing an update. The stoping of buttons could sometimes be the minor glitch wile freshly installed version of OS is configuring with the hardware. If ita��s a temporary problem, this should get your Smartphone back to normal.
2. Factory reset: The other simplest way to check whether the problem is superficial or permanent is to factory reset your Smartphone and let it start as after freshen up. It you got lucky, this might sometimes prove helpful otherwise the problem is serious and needs professional treatment.
Restoring to stock firmware
By performing this procedure you phone is likely to get back to the normal with the formerly installed version of OS. Before getting started, you should know that any potential damage caused to your Smartphone will be on your risk and warranty if any exists will be rejected after this. It is also been advised to keep the data of your Smartphone backed up because this procedure might wipe out all the data present in your Smartphone. Also keep the latest LG G2 USB drivers installed on your PC.
-LG G2 stock firmware of your model which you can check in Settings > About
-LG Flash tool
1. Install flash tool on your PC.
2. Follow the path provided to enable USB debugging on your Smartphone.
Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging
3. Plug in your LG G2 to your PC via USB cable.
4. On pressing Windows + X on your PC, file manager will open where you can see your LG G2 listed in COM ports.
5. Then follow this path.
Right mouse click on LGE AndroidNet USB Serial port > Properties > advanced > replace CO port with COM 41 and save it.
6. After this, change your PC date to July 2012. Now launch LG Flash tool and unlock it by providing its serial key.
7. Click Add option present in S/W field and navigate to the downloaded stock ROM and load it. Then from .DLL field, load .DLL file.
8. To start installing custom firmware, click on the yellow colour arrow button and the initialization will start.
9. Ready message will prompt after complete initialization.
10. Remove USB cable from your PC and boot LG G2 into Download mode.
11. Plug it in again and the flashing process will initialize automatically.
After successful completion, your LG G2 Smartphone will reboot and you will get your custom firmware installed Smartphone back to normal.
Installing custom ROM Android v4.4.2:
If you want to fix your Smartphone as well as keep the latest version of Android i.e. v4.4.2 Kit Kat installed on your Smartphone, then this process is for you. Before getting started, you are requested to read the overviews present in the above case because same rules apply here too.
– Beanstalk custom ROM
1. Turn off your LG G2 Smartphone and boot it into recovery mode by pressing volume down + Power button simultaneously.
2. Tap on Wipe Data / factory reset option and confirm it by clicking on yes. This will get all your data wiped out.
3. Turn back to the Recovery Menu and click on wipe Cache Partition option and after than click on Wipe Dalvik Cache.
4. Again in Recovery Menu tap on Install option and navigate to the custom ROM file and install it.
5. Install the GAPPS file in the same manner as done for the ROM file.
6. After the process is completed, click on Reboot System Now option and your LG G2 Smartphone will reboot into Android v4.4.2 Kit Kat custom ROM.
All these process are tested ones and you just need to perform them with extra care and sensitivity. Moreover you can download all the required files for stock firmware installation from www.droidviews.com. Hope your home button starts working or any other update problems like battery drainage, Bluetooth malfunctioning problem or lagging problems will get solved.