Zenfone 5 was released by Asus few months back in April to add up a new competitor in its line up of high end Smartphonea��s. However Moto X is the high end product of Motorola released last year in August. It was the main dominant among high range Smartphonea��s and still has got that lightning spark. Leta��s see the best one out of these two highly featured Smartphonea��s from two diverse origins and know whether Zenfone range can compete with Moto range or ita��s just a delusion.
1. Display: Asus Zenfone5 flaunts a 5inch IPS display with screen resolution of 720*1280pixels and pixel density of 249ppi. This vibrant display comes protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. On the other side, Moto X houses a 4.7inch AMOLED display with resolution of 720*1280pixels and pixel density of 312ppi also sheltered with Gorilla Glass 3. Since the display resolution of both the Smartphonea��s is same and therea��s just a minute difference in their sizes which creates difference in their pixel densities, which means both the Smartphonea��s have got the same taste towards display but AMOLED technology will be a plus point for Moto X but it can go recessive under the influence of 0.2inch bugger screen of Zenfone5 but overall ita��s a fix.
2. Processor and Operating System: Zenfone5 runs on android OS v4.3 jelly bean which is upgradable to Android Kit Kat 4.4.2, where as For Moto X, it runs on Android 4.2.2 jellybean which is upgradable to Android v4.4.4 Kit Kat. Both the Smartphonea��s are equivalently upgradable to higher versions but Moto X has got a little higher updated version. Zenfone5 operates on Quad core Intel Atom processor producing speed of 1.6 GHz for one variant has 2GHz for the other one but here we will be talking of higher version . Ita��s your choice to choose from. Moto X operates on Qualcomm Snapdragon processor clocked at a speed of 1.7GHz. Moto X as well as Zenfone5 processor is coupled with 2GB of RAM to maximise their performance. The lower variant of Zenfone5 has got 1GB RAM. But if we look at these Smartphonea��s on the peak value, the huge 2GHz speed of Intel Atom is worth admiring as compared to 1.7 GHz from Snapdragon but 1.7 is also the best processing speed. Adreno 320 GPU for Moto X and PowerVR GPU for ZEnfone5 are also present.
3. Camera: Zenfone5 has got an 8MP primary camera producing picture resolution of 3264*2448pixels along with geo tagging, auto focus and LED Flash. It records 1080p videos @30fps. Moto X on the other hand owns a 10MP primary camera with picture resolution of 4320*2432pixels and has got features like auto focus, LED flash, geo tagging, panorama, etc. and just like Zenfone5 it can also record 1080p videos @30fps and has also got 2MP front shooter. Clearly Moto X is taking a lead in camera point of view.
4. Storage: Zenfone5 has got 2 variant with different storage capacities. Lower variant has got 8GB internal storage and higher one has got 16 GB and both are expandable up to 64BG via SD card. Moto X on the other hand has got much larger diversity of Moto X with different storage variants and same specifications which include 16, 32 and 64GB. The storage capacities are good for all because SD card slot is absent.
5. Network and Connectivity: Zenfone5 is compatible with 2G and 3G networks but gets completely outshined by 4G feature flaunted in Moto X. The rest of the connectivity features include WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB present equally in both devices but 4G of Moto X leaves Zenfone5 faded.
6. Battery Backup: Zenfone5 comprises of 2110mAh LI-Po battery giving talk time of 14-16 hours where as Moto X is packed with a 2200mAh Li-ion battery giving talks time of 13hours. Thus the battery backup is also identical but little extra time is being expected from Zenfone5.
Looking at the Specifications above we recommend Moto X to be our ultimate choice because of its better camera and 4G also processor speed is good. Despite of better processing speed of Zenfone5it still lags behind from Moto X because of its quality high end camera and storage choices are also better for Moto X.