Microsoft had recently held largest customer conference in India, the CEO of the company had announced the launch of the new Lumia products in India. He had declared the availability of the new models Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL shortly in India. It is anticipated that these devices shall be made available to Indian customers from December 2015 itself. Though the pricing component and exact date of the launch was not made public.
Some of the specification are now known. Microsoft Lumia 950 will have the features as noted.
- The device shall have AMOLED display of 5.2 inch size and will carry resolution strength of 2560 X 1440 pixels with a density of 565 ppi.
- The device shall be powered by a hexa-core processor of Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- There will be a strong supportive battery of 3000 mAh calibre.
- The Lumia 950 shall feature rear camera of 20 M,P strength which will have triple LED RGB flash with latest OIS ie. Optical Image stabilizer capacity. The secondary frontal camera also shall be of 5 MP capacity.
- The device has a unique feature of biometric authentication.
- The memory storage is also quite good at 32 GB
Whereas the other model from Microsoft the Lumia 950 XL shall differ slightly in the specification
- The Lumia 950 XL shall feature IPS display of 5.7 inch size which is marginally bigger but will have the same resolution of 2560 X 1440 pixels thus with slightly lower pixel density of 518 ppi.
- The device will also have better octa-core processor of 64 bits from Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 with 3 GB RAM.
Though the memory storage shall be same at 32 GB the battery shall be marginally higher with 3340 mAh capacity.
Both the cameras rear and front camera shall be of same MP capacity and with identical features as in the other device.
We need to wait and watch for the customer’s response to these two new models of Lumia from Microsoft.
See Also – Lumia 950 and 950 XL to be available in Poland this Month